2016 - The Big Island Giving Tree - How can you help?
Thanksgiving Meal for Kupuna and less fortunate:
- Thanksgiving Day from 11-2
- At Waimea School Cafeteria
- Traditional Thanksgiving prepared by Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort and Spa
- Local entertainment by Laulima and Chadd Paishon?
- Transportation available for Kupuna in Waimea and Kohala County housing
- Maika’i Rewards for Turkeys (drop off in our drop box at Aloha Kohala Realty Office)
- Costco Pumpkin Pies
Big Island Giving Tree Bucket Brigade
- Waimea Twilight Christmas Parade / Saturday, Dec. 3 @ 5:00pm / **Starlight Christmas**
- Become part of the Bucket Brigade and collect donations in the crowd just before the parade starts. A designated area will be yours to work. Donations will help us with our year round efforts.
BIGT Adopt a Family / Adopt a Child
- Adopt and shop for a family or child to help make their holiday a little brighter
- Make a monetary or gift card donation to go towards a family
- This is our 4th year of filling bags with basic necessities and food items that we purchase.
- Make a donation of cash/check or a gift card from Costco or KTA so that we can purchase the items to go into the bags.
Christmas Morning Meal
- This is our 6th year partnering with Sansei Waikoloa
- We provide over 500 Kupuna and families with hot Christmas meals
- Pumpkin Pies
- Take out containers
- Farm fresh veggies
Your monetary and gift card donations are greatly appreciated. Help us to continue to be a blessing to our island communities.
NOTE: Checks can be made payable to Big Island Giving Tree and mailed to BIGT @ PO Box 2786 Kamuela 96743. We are a non-profit 501c3 and will provide a receipt. Cash, check and gift card and Maika’i Reward donations can also be left at Aloha Kohala Realty office in High Country Traders Building @ 65-1291 Kawaihae Rd. #101C.
Redeeming Light International, Inc. – A 501c3 organization – DBA The Big Island Giving Tree